Ready for the last (and my personal favorite) part of my roadtrip to Italy??
This time it’s all about Siena (Tuscany) and Lake Como. ENJOY, and remember:
STOP 3: FIRENZE, Italy (21-24 July)
- Siena is a small Tuscan hill town that has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site. The historic centre is a-ma-zing: the most beautiful piazza’s, the duomo,..
- I was especially impressed by the Siena Duomo -> I’ve never seen such elaborate architecture
- The Piazza del Campo is one of Europe’s prettiest squares, where twice a year the Palio di Siena (a horse race) is held.
- MUST DO: take a stroll in the small streets of Siena and be surprised by the beauty that awaits you around each corner
- MUST DO: when you drive back to Firenze, like we did, don’t use the highway! Use the roads in the hills and really discover the beauty of Tuscany -> This drive was the highlight of our entire roadtrip!!
- Can’t find a single negative thing 😀
STOP 5: Lake Como, Italy (24-25 July)
- The view, ofcourse. It’s the perfect end to a perfect trip. We started with a lake, and now we are ending with one.
- We only saw the lake in the morning and at night, since this was just a stop on the looong drive home. I can’t imagine its beauty during the day!!
- MUST EAT: Crotto dei Pescatori (Lezzeno), an amazing Italian restaurant right at the lake!
- It’s not easy to reach your hotel. The streets around the lake are a real challenge (small smaller smallest).THAT’S ALL!
I hope you liked reading about my trip and I inspired you for your future trips!
What countries and cities would you recommend me to visit next year?